TOP TIPS from the History Department for an amazing fun filled and free historical staycation.
1) The British Museum filled with the most amazing artefacts from the Rosetta Stone to Egyptian mummies.
Ancient Mesopotamian art in the British Museum
2) The Museum of London provides a walk through London’s various incarnations – from the geological history of the Thames Valley to the Anglo-Saxon inhabitants to modern-day bankers.
3) The Natural History. owns an outrageously large collection (around 80 million items) of all things nature in a lovely Gothic Revival building, which opened in the late 19th century. A wildlife garden is open March to November, and the main hall is dominated by an enormous blue whale skeleton. Come face-to face with a roaring T-Rex and experience the earthquake simulator.
4) The Victoria and Albert Museum will inspire you with the beautiful objects on display.
5) The Imperial War Museum will dazzle you with over 400 exhibits including a Spitfire and a Harrier fighter jet.
HAVE A FUN FILLED SUMMER